This section provides an overview of the hosted PostgreSQL offering from ObjectRocket.
What is PostgreSQL?¶
PostgreSQL is the most advanced open-source relational database on the market and has been in active development for 30 years. With robust features and a strong reputation for reliability and performance, it continues to outperform modern NoSQL document-oriented databases. PostgreSQL is flexible, robust, and has the track record your business needs. It is suitable whether you need a reliable Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability (ACID) compliant datastore for e-commerce and web services, or want robust analytics processing for business intelligence.
What’s in an ObjectRocket for PostgreSQL instance?¶
Each PostgreSQL instance includes:
- Single-node PostgreSQL 11/12 instances
- Security via Access Control Lists (ACLs), IP Whitelists, and user authentication
- User Management via Mission Control
- Daily backups with 2-week retention
- Customizable instances that include replicas for high availability
- Option to expand the capability of your instance with extensions