An integral part of our new platform, currently in Beta, is our completely redesigned management console, called Mission Control.
Login and Authentication¶
Our new platform, including Mission Control, will be using a completely different authentication method than our current platform. Therefore:
- Logins created on the new platform, via Mission Control, are independent of our existing platform.
- Nothing for a login is inherited from the existing platform.
- A login in Mission Control changes nothing on the existing platform.
- We may do more to integrate the two User Interfaces in the future, but any work there is to be determined.
In other words, treat logins created in Mission Control as if they’re a new login on a new service.
One of the advantages of our new authentication system is the addition of Role-Based Access Control to the platform.
Though many of the features related to RBAC are not active at this time, we’ll be enabling a number of capabilities in the near-future:
- All users and instances will be grouped by Organizations. You will create your organization when you sign up (see the AWS Cloud Beta Getting Started Guide).
- In the future, you will be able to invite additional users to an organization.
- The users of an organization can have a variety of roles that determine the level of control they have over instances, billing, metrics, and the organization.
Mission Control FAQ¶
What capabilities are available in Mission Control during Beta?¶
The following capabilities are currently active in Mission Control:
- API token Management
- Database instance creation
- ACL creation (during instance creation or in instance list)
- Instance list
The following capabilities will be active within the coming weeks:
- Instance details screen
- Instance delete
- ACL list/create/delete
- Database user create/delete
- Instance delete
How do I get back to the screen where my API token is?¶
Currently API tokens are managed in the Profile Management screen. You can get there by clicking on the user icon in the top right of Mission Control and selecting Profile Management.