This section provides an overview of the hosted TimescaleDB offering from ObjectRocket.
What is TimescaleDB?¶
TimescaleDB is an open-source time-series database optimized for fast ingest and complex queries. It is fully supported by PostgreSQL and connects to any PostgreSQL client without extra configuration.
TimescaleDB is easy-to-use, scalable, and reliable, with robust support for data retention polices. It is faster and easier to user than a standard SQL or NoSQL database.
Reference the official TimescaleDB documentation for more information.
What’s in a TimescaleDB for ObjectRocket instance?¶
Each TimescaleDB instance includes:
- Open-source TimescaleDB 1.6 w/ PostgreSQL 11 or TimescaleDB 1.7 w/ PostgreSQL 11/12
- Availability in multiple AWS and GCP regions
- Managed Backups with 2 week retention and Point-in-Time recovery included
- Single node and HA (master/replica) configuration
- Library of additional extensions
- Customizable instances that include replicas for high availability
- 24×7 support from Database engineers and DBAs