Getting Started with PostgreSQL¶
How to connect to your PostgreSQL instance?¶
In order to connect to your PostgreSQL instance, there are a few steps:
- First you’ll create an instance either via our API or doc:orv_mission_control
- When the instance is ready, you’ll add ACLs for wherever you’re connecting from. This is your external IP address as viewed from our service.
- Create a PostgreSQL admin user via our API or UI.
- On the instance details screens (or in the instance list API response), you should see a connection endpoint that looks something like
postgresql://<username>:<password>@ingress.w98sujpz.launchpad.objectrocket.cloud:9999/postgres. You’ll use that connection string in your client of choice while filling in the username and password you just created.
- For example: With the pgsql command line client, the string above converts to something like
psql -h ingress.w98sujpz.launchpad.objectrocket.cloud -p 9999 --username=mypguser -d postgres