What is CockroachDB?¶
In the words of the developers, CockroachDB is a “cloud-native SQL database for building global, scalable cloud services that survive disasters.”
What this means to you is that you get a relational, ACID compliant datastore with a comfortable SQL interface and PostgreSQL wire compatibility, but with automatic HA, easy scalability, and geographic scaling.
While we’re in beta, we only support clusters in the same datacenter, but our roadmap includes all of the key features that CockroachDB has to offer.
What’s included in an ObjectRocket for CockroachDB instance?¶
Each CockroachDB instance includes:
- A 3 node cluster with high availability and automatic failover and balancing
- Access to the CockroachDB admin UI
- ACLs/IP whitelisting, password or certificate authentication, and TLS to secure the cluster
- Daily backups with 2 week retention
- An Enterprise license for CockroachDB.