This section provides an overview of the hosted CockroachDB offering from ObjectRocket.
What is CockroachDB?¶
The developers described CockroachDB as a “cloud-native SQL database for building global, scalable cloud services that survive disasters.”
It is an Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability (ACID)-compliant, relational datastore with a comfortable SQL interface and PostgreSQL wire compatibility, but with automatic high-availability (HA), easy scalability, and geographic scaling.
What’s included in an ObjectRocket for CockroachDB instance?¶
Each CockroachDB instance includes the following:
- A 3-node cluster with HA, automatic failover, and balancing
- Access to the CockroachDB admin UI
- ACLs/IP whitelisting, password or certificate authentication, and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure the cluster
- Daily backups with 2-week retention
- An enterprise license for CockroachDB