Getting Started with CockroachDB¶
How to connect to my CockroachDB instance?¶
In order to connect to your CockroachDB instance, there are a few steps:
- First you’ll create an instance either via our API or Mission control
- When the instance is ready, you’ll add ACLs for wherever you’re connecting from. This is your external IP address as viewed from our service.
- Create a CockroachDB admin user via our API or UI.
- Create a CockroachDB database via our API (UI support coming soon)
- On the instance details screens (or in the instance list API response), you should see a connection endpoint that looks something like
postgresql://<username>:<password>@ingress.w98sujpz.launchpad.objectrocket.cloud:<port>/. You’ll use that connection string in your client of choice while filling in the username and password you just created.